Posted: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 6:44 PM
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America's workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Responsible for inspection, testing and maintenance of locomotives and rolling stock equipment in accordance with FRA and Amtrak standards and guidelines.
- Performs inspection, testing and maintenance in accordance with 49CFR regulations and Amtrak standards and guidelines
- Responsible for mechanical repairs to drive systems, wheels/wheel sets (trucks), suspension and other components of the propulsion system
- Troubleshoots equipment to determine corrective actions and causes of equipment failures
- Calibrates pressure switches and valves in compliance with 49CFR and Amtrak established standards
- Maintains proper care and use of materials, test equipment, machines and hand tools normally associated with assigned job
- Experience in troubleshooting, repair, replacement or rebuilding mechanical equipment and systems
- Knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Ability to read mechanical drawings
- Knowledge and skill in the use of electrical tools, equipment and the measurements necessary to meet established standards
- Some computer skills
- Experience in the maintenance of railroad equipment
- Welding and Cutting experience
Completion of Technical School or Apprenticeship Program
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Education Requirements:High School/GED
Employment Experience Requirements:1 : 3 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job : we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre:employment background verification, medical review and pre:employment drug screen. Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
POSTING NOTES: Mechanical Mechanical
• Location: New Haven
• Post ID: 22872777 newhaven